M42 - HaLRGB

gnomus

I have previously posted an LRGB version of M42 here - https://stargazerslounge.com/topic/289451-m42-lrgb-from-dsw/#comment-3173499

I did have some Ha Data too, however, and so I have incorporated that into this new version.  

So we now have:

• Luminance: 15x15" bin 1x1
  • Luminance: 16x60" bin 1x1
  • Luminance: 16x600" bin 1x1
  • Red: 8x15" bin 1x1
  • Red: 8x60" bin 1x1
  • Red: 16x600" bin 1x1
  • Green: 8x15" bin 1x1
  • Green: 8x60" bin 1x1
  • Green: 16x600" bin 1x1
  • Blue: 8x15" bin 1x1
  • Blue 8x60" bin 1x1
  • Blue: 32x600" bin 1x1
  • Ha: 14 x900" bin 1x1
  • Ha: 9x60" bin 1x1

That is just shy of 18 hours.  I'd be interested to hear what folks think.

04_HaLRGB_Softerx1920.thumb.jpg.4938437081ee44fffde5b19a38e909f5.jpg

1 minute ago, ollypenrice said:

Hmmmm, really very nice indeed. 

It just gives a cutting edge to some of the dusty contrasts and warms up the faint parts. It's a 'yes' from me.

Olly

Thanks Olly.

Wonderful - a huge brightness range tamed into a lovely image.  Well done.

I now know why I was always unsuccessful using the background as a neutral reference in my tightly cropped Orion image  - there just isn't any areas with no colour!

Great image with stunning detail. The Ha adds a lot to the quality. Personally, I'd make the area of the trapezium brighter, without losing detail there. As it is, the area around the running man is brighter than around the trapezium.

Just my € 0.02

That really is a great piece of work, stunning! For my personal taste though I'm inclined to agree with Wim - I generally prefer to see a distinct glow around the more luminous areas of any AP image as I feel it gives a greater sense of depth and dynamic.

Having said that, I still think it's superb - well done that man! :thumbsup: 

Thank you all for your kind comments.  Please keep them coming - I welcome constructive criticism.  I will have a think (and possibly a play) in relation to the issue with the core.    

Archived