Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Zenitar 16mm F/2.8

Guest Tuomo

Guest Tuomo

I might have a chance of buying Zenitar 16mm F/2.8 for reasonable price (100€). Would you guys recommend this Russian made fish-eye for me? I have full spectrum modded 500d (dedicated for AP) with no filters. Do I need to buy filters since I dont use camera for daylight.

Do you have a tracking mount? Without one stacking software can struggle with high lens distortion, and you don't get any more distorted than a fisheye :)

It's not a problem I've ever hit myself, but people I know have, when using zoom lenses with higher distortion. The short focal length will of course help to mitigate these problems.

Guest Tuomo
6 minutes ago, Andy Mitchell said:

Do you have a tracking mount? Without one stacking software can struggle with high lens distortion, and you don't get any more distorted than a fisheye :)

It's not a problem I've ever hit myself, but people I know have, when using zoom lenses with higher distortion. The short focal length will of course help to mitigate these problems.

I have tracking mount and guidescope too.

Archived