Jump to content

Stargazers Lounge Uses Cookies

Like most websites, SGL uses cookies in order to deliver a secure, personalised service, to provide social media functions and to analyse our traffic. Continued use of SGL indicates your acceptance of our cookie policy.


What part of my telescope is the 'focuser'

Recommended Posts


I was looking at the link below, but now I am confused as to what part of my scope is 'the focuser'. Looking at picture 1 below, I would have assumed it was the bit up to the main red ring section. But here it look that the focuser was unscrewed from the OTA body. So is this correct if I wanted to install a new focuser, or is this specific to what this chap was doing ?





Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites

As I understand it, in this case the new focuser is significantly shorter so he's adding another component between the OTA and the focuser which is essentially a 3.75" extension tube. Technically I guess this is not part of the focuser, but at the same time it could be considered part and parcel of the overall focusing set-up. If you choose to upgrade, this may or may not be necessary depending on which replacement focuser you go for - I think :icon_biggrin:.

Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.