Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

NGC 6992 "Veil portion" in Ha

GordonH

Hi All

August has been such an abysmal month imaging wise with the typical British weather having its say. There appeard to be a bit of clear weather last night so I was desperate to get out and do a bit of imaging and I managed 50 minutes on NGC 6992 before the clouds came back in and stayed for the rest of the night. It was taken with the Starlight H36 on the TMB 115 with a 13nm Astronomik Ha filter, Paramount ME 5x10 minutes unguided, during the last subframe there was some thin cloud already starting to cover cygnus but I used the subframe anyway as it looked salvageable. Instead of using the simple autodark facility in Maxim DL I used 10x10 minute dark frames (taken a week ago) median combined and used those instead. Although more exposure time is needed to smooth the image I am quite leased with the result. I have included a closeup of main area of nebulosity as well. There are better quality images on my website http://www.imagingtheheavens.co.uk as I had to reduce the quality quite a bit in order to get the size down for posting

Thanks for looking

Best wishes and clear skies

Gordon

:)

post-13589-133877345347_thumb.jpg

post-13589-133877345358_thumb.jpg

Archived