SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

AstroArt now supports NIKON cameras!

Merlin66

Fabio has just advised:
Hello, the first plugin for Nikon is available at the Astroart web site:

www.msb-astroart.com

The cameras supported are those with Bulb control via USB, (since 2013, so theoretically: D5200, D5300, D5500, D5600, D7100, D7200, D600, D610, D750, DF, D4S, D500, D810, D810A, D5, 1V3). Focusing requires the Camera Interface version 6.01. It's compatible with Astroart 5.0 too (without focusing).

The main problem during the development was that every camera requires a different DLL (this is installed by the Setup program) and possibly a slightly different control. 

Some cameras may require to install the Microsoft Visual Studio Redistributable 2013, available at: www.microsoft.com/download/details.aspx?id=40784

And Favio is working to support older Nikon camera that use the DSUSB for long exposure control - I am currently testing a version for him as he works towards implementing this. Great support from Favio as the first test version arrived in my inbox 24 hours after I requested it! Trying it with my Nikon D7000 in a couple of hours.

cheers

Gary

Archived