Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Lovejoy discovers new comet

cuivenion

I'm keeping an eye on the weather. I may go out and try and image Comet 41p in Ursa Major. Never tried to image a comet before, should be fun. I was hoping there'd be at least one half decent comet this year, hopefully there'll be two.

26 minutes ago, cuivenion said:

I'm keeping an eye on the weather. I may go out and try and image Comet 41p in Ursa Major. Never tried to image a comet before, should be fun. I was hoping there'd be at least one half decent comet this year, hopefully there'll be two.

Where specifically is 45p? My star app doesn't show it.

For some reason a comet discovered by an amateur seems far more interesting. I know he's at the top of his game but it's still nice to think that advanced technology and automated surveys can still be beaten by skill and dedication.

Let's hope it's a good one :)

If it stays clear I'm going to have a go at this one. Lovejoy bought much fun over a very long period. Going to try with dslr and 135mm lens. Think I'll cheat and use the Virtuoso mount because then I can also use the binoculars.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived