Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

M57 - Ring Nebula - 2nd attempt!

Jarvo

Hi All - Couldn't retrieve the deleted images I took the other night :crybaby: Skys cleared this evening so I had another go.

Another relatively easy target, purely so I can get more experience under my belt.

IS IT ME OR CAN I SEE THE CENTRAL STAR ??? :shock:

7857_normal.jpeg

(click to enlarge)

Date: 21/08/2008

Time: 11:55

Olympus E-410 DSLR

Exposure: 8 x 60” exposures, 2 x dark frames

ISO 800

Prime focus on 6” Mak

Hope you enjoy.

Jarvo

I'm impressed by that image,it looks very much like a eye piece view. :salute:

The Olympus seems to turn out some good wide field results. Did you use the live view facility for focusing?

Hope you don't mind but I brightened it up a little and it certainly looks like the off centre centre star is there. :)

Cheers

CW

click as usual.

Thanks Guys

CW - I do use the live view. I still do some actual observing so the focussing still needs changing. I tend to use Mizar which resolves into both component stars in the viewer.

Can I ask, what did you do to improve the picture, Was it simply "Brighten".

I used Deep Sky Stacker on his image as recommended by this forum and I was impressed. Also put in a couple of dark frames as well then finished it off in Coral Paint Shop Pro.

I am please with the Olympus. Its got huge potential limited by my own knowledge at the moment.

We're getting there though.

Jarvo.....

Archived