SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

Rotation and amp glow problems

Hi all, just wanting to pick the brains of someone knowledgeable in the art of combining Ha and Oiii taken about a month apart. When combining in PS i have fairly obvious rotation. I'm using PI and PS.

Also having issues removing amp glow on the Asi 1600mm. For some reason the Oiii still has significant amp glow. I tried retaking the darks but same result. Using PI to stack and calibrate.

Thanks in advance.

Richard.

4 minutes ago, Allinthehead said:

When combining in PS i have fairly obvious rotation. I'm using PI and PS.

You can use Star Alignment in PI to align all the subs before integration or use Dynamic Alignment to align the two integrated stacks. Both will then let you crop any rotation artefacts so you can combine them using whatever method you use.

As for amp glow, there should be no different between any filters. Are you taking much longer subs for your Oiii compared to Ha? I've not tried to remove glow from very long subs but my darks fully correct any glow I do get in my 1600.

1 hour ago, Filroden said:

You can use Star Alignment in PI to align all the subs before integration or use Dynamic Alignment

Thanks for that Ken. I'll give dynamic alignment a go.

1 hour ago, Filroden said:

Are you taking much longer subs for your Oiii

60 second subs for both Ha and Oiii. I used the same settings and same darks. Worked on Ha, failed on Oiii. Now that i think about it, i had trouble with amp glow using dss out of the blue, no apparent reason when it had always been fine. That's why i switched to PI.

Archived