Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Tripod adapter for helios naturesport 10x50 wa

Ok, so i've had my bins since christmas, and since I got a tripod for christmas as well, I want to put my bins on my tripod to make viewing more pleasing.
I have sort of searched around the internet to find an adapter that fits both min bins and my tripod. Btw, my tripod is called velbon videomate 638.

I hope that some of you have had the same problem as me, and that you can help me!

Victor Boesen

Hi Victor,

You need one of these... https://www.amazon.co.uk/d/Camera-Photo/Universal-Binocular-Adaptor-Bracket-Adapter-mounting-Binoculars/B009AEDHVQ (other on-line dealers or camera/photo shops and styles are available).

Normally the disc at the front of the hinge, (normally has the makers logo on it), should unscrew to reveal the thread to mate the binoculars to the 'L' bracket and then attach to your tripod. :bino2: 

...just don't pull the tubes apart --->:bino1:

Hi Victor' you shouldn't have any problem finding an adapter. The tripod/head is pretty standard and I don't think the Helios' will need a slim line adapter. I use one that is very similar to this one but with a different brand name and it works just fine.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Solomark-Deluxe-Adapter-Porro-Binocular/dp/B017B38XQQ/ref=sr_1_36?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1490037560&sr=1-36&keywords=binocular+adapter+for+tripod

Hi Victor,

As the others have said, you shouldn't have any problems finding an adaptor.  You definitely don't need a slim adaptor.

I have the same binoculars and use one of these.

https://www.firstlightoptics.com/adapters/opticron-l-type-binocular-tripod-bracket-adapters.html

The one I use is the one shown on the right for Large Porro Prism Binoculars (Code 31005)

16 hours ago, Philip R said:

Sorry to contradict, but you don't. You really don't! Those plastic ones flex like crazy - most people end up replacing them because they are like Ca2SbMg4FeBe2Si4O20    :D

7 minutes ago, BinocularSky said:

Ca2SbMg4FeBe2Si4O20

I confess I've forgotten more chemistry than I've remembered, but  knowing that it must have some relevant application, I couldn't resist looking it up, if indeed it could be. Brilliant!  Nice! must remember that one.

4 hours ago, BinocularSky said:

Sorry to contradict, but you don't. You really don't! Those plastic ones flex like crazy - most people end up replacing them because they are like Ca2SbMg4FeBe2Si4O20    :D

Oops - well spotted!

When I typed in binocular bracket in my search box... the first page from that well known outlet showed more than one style... definitely ignore the plastic models at all cost. I should have been more specific and typed metal binocular 'L' bracket or something similar.   

• 2 weeks later...
On 21/03/2017 at 11:47, Alfian said:

......I confess I've forgotten more chemistry than I've remembered

After quite a difficult day, nice to have a laugh with/at someone else?

The closest I can get to Ca2SbMg4FeBe2Si4O20 is Horse manure! I'm sure its worse than that though :happy9:

Definitely laughing with.  Your chemical analysis isn't so far off! A specific search of the formula on line will  enlighten. The amusement for me was not so much the sentiment expressed as the particular play on words.

Archived