Stargazers Lounge Uses Cookies

Like most websites, SGL uses cookies in order to deliver a secure, personalised service, to provide social media functions and to analyse our traffic. Continued use of SGL indicates your acceptance of our cookie policy.

Welcome to Stargazers Lounge

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customise your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

• Announcements

sgl_imaging_challenge_banner_30_second_exp.jpg

Skipper Billy

Complete lightweight guiding package

3 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

Complete guiding solution.

Skywatcher 9x50 guidescope. Starlight Express Lodestar CCD Camera, ADM guidescope rings and Modern Astronomy adapter to screw the camera into the back of the finderscope (no slop).

Complete lightweight guiding solution – just pop it in your finderscope holder and enjoy fabulous guiding.

Incredibly sensitive camera – I can often see the object I am imaging in the PHD2 frame.

For the ultimate in solid mounting the ADM setup splits where I have put the red line in one of the photos and the base plate can be screwed directly to a dovetail across the top of your scope rings.

I have guided scopes over a metre focal length with this setup with superb results. The SX drivers are very robust and it has never crashed or failed to perform.

Complete with USB cable and original box. All in excellent condition.

Bargain at £275 (inc postage within UK).

IMG_0290.thumb.JPG.72e201e4c5012cd75f74875085169863.JPGIMG_0292.thumb.JPG.aeb3211d922e5cd159db7ff8f84fb332.JPG25844486520_33d39cd8ef_b.thumb.jpg.34c2ea51c2942e90ef17c0020d767a14.jpg

IMG_0292.thumb.JPG.81f6aa6bb5131cc4719d2c5d92f321ad.JPG

Edited by Skipper Billy

Price reduced to £265 inc postage within UK.