Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Ooops, nearly forgot this one

Tim

...And yet they say an elephant never forgets..

This is just 5 frames that I took the other week on my "Great things to take a photo of that you can show straight to the uninitiated and still hold their interest" experiment.

This didn't make the grade, because although you can see an outline, it took a fair bit of processing to make the image appear as it does. I am surprised how much is in there for such low exposure.

C9.25 @ F6.3 I think, although may possibly have been at F10. Canon 350d, probably 5 x 300 secs.

Small version

7847_large.jpeg

You are doing great TJ, I think lke most you only require some prolonged decent skies to bring the rewards you deserve. That's quite good for the time it's had.

Who knows, we may have a splendid winter.

My tongues in my cheek of course.

Ron.

Hehe, it's not that they weren't recorded Steve, it was that I couldn't be bothered to go back and find the originals.

Just checked them, there are 5 frames at 240 secs, and 5 x 300 secs @ iso800. Flats and Darks added from library files. If I remember right DSS said there was 43mins if all frames were added.

On the same night I grabbed;

M57

M27

Ic1396

Bubble Nebula

M31 core

M47

So there wasn't much time for any of them. Of all of those, the Trunk thing was the dimmest on screen after a 300 sec shot. I suppose just opening PS and running a quick levels would do the trick, but they just think that's cheating, when they can see it come right off the camera it seems to be more impressive.

Cheers

TJ

No I know that, but when you have a few drunken s*ds around and they want to see what that greta contraption is all about, they like a quick hit.

The Dumbell neb is the best target for that I think, lots of colour and shape in a single frame.

TJ

Archived