Narrowband

2.2% phase Venus against all the odds!

Pete Presland

I really should not have been out imaging this evening, very windy, thick cloud, the threat of rain. Fortune favours the brave allegedly! :iamwithstupid:

I managed to finally locate Venus around 18:15, playing hide and seek as usual about 10-15 degrees high. I imaged sporadically for the best part of an hour pausing regularly for the clouds and restarting when clear again.

Only 2.2% illuminated now the end results is very pleasing considering the conditions were pretty dreadful! 

The usual C9.25/Asi120mm combo, x1.8 Barlow & Astronomik 642  filter. Around 13,000 frames captured over a 20 minute period, stacked around 2,000 in A/S2.

58cee22e36b3e_2017_03_1918.024642filter.png.19d367a218bacfb2a90c62befc518c07.png

1 minute ago, tooth_dr said:

Incredible capture against all odds! Will this be the last one?

Looks like there might be a window maybe Tuesday/Wednesday. Colder more settled weather on the way as well, so maybe next weekend when it's 1% is a chance.

Archived