Jump to content

Stargazers Lounge Uses Cookies

Like most websites, SGL uses cookies in order to deliver a secure, personalised service, to provide social media functions and to analyse our traffic. Continued use of SGL indicates your acceptance of our cookie policy.

  • Announcements

    sgl_imaging_challenge_banner_widefield.jpg.36065d79cb2625eb299137a5b4432c96.jpg

Recommended Posts

Bprezzle    22

Very happy with my first shot of the milky way for this year. Who else has been out shooting the Milky way, I want to see your pics :)

20170317-Windmill on the hill finale.jpg

  • Like 15

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Tangoringo    63

Lovely shot. Really nice balancing with the foreground.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Nigel G    1,451

Great image,

I must try a Milky way image,

Thanks for sharing.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
cuivenion    486

Great shot, could you give some info on equipment used and technique?

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Bprezzle    22
15 hours ago, cuivenion said:

Great shot, could you give some info on equipment used and technique?

Basic camera equipment and tripod really, a Sony a6000 with a 16mm F2.8 lens. This mill is way out in the countryside and according to charts, there's next to no light pollution. It's a 25 second exposure at 1600 ISO taken at about 4am in the morning :) 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
cuivenion    486
1 hour ago, Bprezzle said:

Basic camera equipment and tripod really, a Sony a6000 with a 16mm F2.8 lens. This mill is way out in the countryside and according to charts, there's next to no light pollution. It's a 25 second exposure at 1600 ISO taken at about 4am in the morning :) 

Great image, I've always wanted to try a Milky Way shot. I like how the mill's so sharp as well as the stars.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Bprezzle    22
3 hours ago, cuivenion said:

Great image, I've always wanted to try a Milky Way shot. I like how the mill's so sharp as well as the stars.

I do a lot of deep space and Milky way shooting is a nice change of pace really. Very quick to set up and near instant results, and very easy to do even on entry level cameras. Thanks for your comments

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×