Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Guidescope mount - 1st printed project

Dave_D

First astro project underway by 3d printing... making a more robust way of attaching my guidescope than i was originally using. I've binned (not literally) my skywatcher rings in favour of the original Vixen rings, the skywatchers were 2kg heavier, and on a Vixen GP, that's a lot of extra baggage.

Anyway, the Vixen rings don't currently have any means of attaching stuff to them, so i knocked this together. not done the front piece yet tho... 

http://vidmg.photobucket.com/albums/v369/vanityassassin/VID_20170319_152415_zpse1zilnl5.mp4

the finished version will have threaded inserts pushing against a compression ring inside the housing. there's a channel for the compression ring. As this is just for guiding and ploar alignment, there's minimal movement for alignment with the axis of the main scope, probably about 0.25 of a degree but that should be just fine.

Archived