Stargazers Lounge Uses Cookies

Like most websites, SGL uses cookies in order to deliver a secure, personalised service, to provide social media functions and to analyse our traffic. Continued use of SGL indicates your acceptance of our cookie policy.

xtreemchaos

show us you best shots of Copernicus

@xtreemchaos busy with life Charl with my spare time being spent on AP and buying more stuff,  just started DSO. Have been keeping an eye on the forum :)

• Like 1

that's a great shot Michael, loads of fine detail mate, what scope and camera did you use ?. thanks ,charl.

1 hour ago, xtreemchaos said:

that's a great shot Michael, loads of fine detail mate, what scope and camera did you use ?. thanks ,charl.

Cheers Charl. I just used the C8

• Like 1

Wow Luc, its like being there mate, outstanding detail. don't think ive ever seen one that close.. well done,  thanks, charl.

Superb Catluc! Does your Dobsoniam have motorised tracking or a EQ platform? 

Here's mine taken a couple of years ago with a 10" Meade that I no longer own and a DBK21AU04.AS colour camera processing just the red channel.

58dfa721b8a54_Copernicus-30Jan2015.thumb.jpg.d1374783c2308f87dc9e7a25da2bceb0.jpg

• Like 3

great shot Jeof, nice close up detail mate. have to have a go at a high mag one myself, I like the way thay look.  thanks , charl.

I took this tonight - it took me a few goes at processing to get this one.

21_24_52_pipp_g4_ap152_Drizzle15_imppg.png.fe8950419d5b2bc4fc47778cacbd5da9.png

Undriven 8.5" f/7.6 newt, PS3 Eye camera (640x480 @ 75fps) - 13000 frames, PIPP ROI ~400x400 down to 10000 frames, AS!2 10% drizzle 1.5x, then first time using ImPPG to sharpen.

• Like 2

A lot of wonderful images here, so itching to get something more than a very quick session where the scope doesn't get a cool down and I am out and in within the hour!

• Like 1

Hi Charl,

Think this is one of my best
Copernicus and surrounding regions Imaged on 17/11/2018 , using my Intes MK67 and ZWOASI178MC camera
Regards,

Steve

2018-11-17_22.04UT_Moon_IntesMK67_ZWO178MC.jpg

• Like 3

From May 13th with the C925, 2x barlow and 385c camera.  Copernicus and Eratosthenes, wish i had kept the original video now that i am a little more experienced with post processing, this was a very steady, clear night.

may14.thumb.jpg.92f1c657906b32d49462f423d9dec48a.jpg

• Like 4

cracking shots Luc, Steve, ML and Steve, I could go to my grave a happy man if I could catch anything as good as those guys "outstanding !" well done. charl. 

Copernicus through Meade LX90-8" onto a ZWO ASI120MC using Sharpcap. 20% of 3,000 frames processed using Autostakkert-3, Registax-6 and Photoshop CS3.

Copernicus 760x570.jpg

Edited by DKNicholson
Image edit
  • Like 2

I'm only on the bottom rung of the ladder on my imaging journey.

This is only a Prime Focus one shot image. Slightly iffy focusing, but at the time i was quite happy with it.

No guiding, not even a motorised mount. 

The scope was my old WO FLT132 refractor, and i used a Sony A7s (Mk 1) mirrorless camera

23882234546_d92dc122e3_o.jpg

Edited by Space Hopper
  • Like 2

Hello 😉,

very nice pictures on this topic! This is my contribution with Vixen VMC260L and ASI178MM

2018_02_24_COPERNICUS_VMC260L_178MM_CAMB

2018_02_25_COPERNICUS_VMC260L_178MM_CAMB

Best regards 

• Like 1