SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

It's DSO time tonight!

N3ptune

The forcast is almost perfect, there is no moon, it's saturday.

--> Soon I am off to my far spot for a DSO observation!! (:

I leave in maybe 1 hours, and I would like to gather a few fast suggestion of DSO's to look at tonight: Nebulae and Galaxies in priority

((:

NHC 2174-the Monkey head- NGC 2244, the Rosette nebula both in Gemini (use the NPB, low mag). Also try the Eskimo neb in Gemini and pile on the mag...no filter.

Grab a pile of galaxies in UMA too- M51 will show you spirals @ 2MM exit pupil as well as M101.

Thanks Jetstream, those are great suggestions.

NGC2174, and 2244  I am going to try them definitely.

Eskimo, M51 and M101 I looked at them last time but exploring Ursae Major seems like a wise choice, it looks at its best. I was thinking to look at around Coma Berenices and target a few galaxies too.

My observation went on a totally different path.. ?  It was a strange 3 hours observation at a good spot and I didn't search for anything using the atlas, I did not fill my log sheet or drew any sketches.. My 25mm Celestron eyepiece was the only eyepiece I used also... Strange observation, my mind was elsewhere...

Most of the time was spent between Perseus and Cassiopeia, looking at the many stars there.. and the Heart nebula, I could see some nebulosity around 1 cluster at least and another separate nebula on the side of it. And I saw the Black Eye galaxy in coma B. But Coma B it was under the dome of light of Montreal.. so I preferred to spend my time on the other side where the sky was better. The Milky way was nice around Perseus and Auriga.

@jetstream I keep your suggestions for next time, could even be today.

@jetstream

I am going on a trip again today (: and with a better preparation and a much better mood. So the Monkey Head will be my primary target to find. I also wish to explore Camelopardalis, there are a few galaxies there, the 1.342 is impressive, i want to look at it again.

And I wish to find at least 1 Carbon Star too, searching which one right now.

Archived