Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Heart Nebula 17.5 hour Bicolor

Mr_42tr0nomy

1 hour ago, Uranium235 said:

Very clean indeed, but it could probably benefit from a cannistra process to bring out a bit more variance in colour and something to fix the star colour.

i can adjust the color variance and repost. this was cannastra processing though..i agree..the stars sre much too red.

Great looking detail...... How have you blended these? I find that HOO works well or a synthetic green..... the stars always seem to come out pretty white for me using these methods and I've done a bicolour Heart :)

2 minutes ago, swag72 said:

Great looking detail...... How have you blended these? I find that HOO works well or a synthetic green..... the stars always seem to come out pretty white for me using these methods and I've done a bicolour Heart :)

Thank you, Sara. I am using the HOO method. I tried to do a little more color correction by adjusting the levels of each channel. I tried whitening the stars a little more in this image. I Could get a bit whiter but then at that point I dont find the image looks as appealing. I'm still getting used to this photoshop thing, lol! The feedback really helps. This is much improved overt my first processed of this one though!

heart nebula final jpg 2.jpg

4 hours ago, Rodd said:

If you want white stars--make a tight fitting star mask and reduce saturation to 0.  It won't get any halos, but the stars will pop.  There must be a way to do this in PS./

Yep, easily done ;)

Goto noise reduction: strength =10, preserve details =100, reduce colour noise =100

1 hour ago, Uranium235 said:

Yep, easily done ;)

Goto noise reduction: strength =10, preserve details =100, reduce colour noise =100

What a great tip! I downloaded the image and tried it and Wow! It is now added to my list of PS tips.

Very nice image by the way!

Archived