Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

IC 2177 - Seagull Nebula - now with Ha and OIII

MrsGnomus

I have posted my LRGB version of this here: https://stargazerslounge.com/topic/288405-ic-2177-seagull-nebula-from-deep-sky-west/#comment-3161702

I have now had a chance to add Ha and OIII data.

So this now consists of:

• Lum: 17x900s
  • Red: 16x900s
  • Green: 16x900s
  • Blue: 16x900s
  • Ha: 23x1800s
  • OIII: 7x1800

For a total of 31 hours and 15 minutes. 

Scope: Tak 106; Mount: Paramaount MyT; Camera: QSI 683; Filters: Astrodon

Processing in PixInsight and Photoshop.  All C&C welcome.  

HOLRGB_Seagull_FINALx1920.thumb.jpg.75b69280fb9c97ba21fbdc6b4b3112ca.jpg

20 minutes ago, ollypenrice said:

Lovely. Nicely restrained processing, good stars, clean fainter parts. 'Invisible processing' at its best.

53 minutes ago, simmo39 said:

V nice.

Thank you both for the comments.

3 hours ago, Tangoringo said:

That is a stunning and very natural looking image- the kind I aspire to.

56 minutes ago, Barry-Wilson said:

Couldn't agree more . . . well done Mrs G :icon_biggrin:

Thanks for the comments - much appreciated. I'm still driving @gnomusnuts with my rather timid approach to processing - he needs a medal for patience when I have control of the mouse and keyboard.

I'm going to buck the trend here - I think that the original version is bang on the money... fine processing and super natural colours.... I don't think that this version has surpassed the original if I'm honest .... sorry :) But I do love that original :)

10 hours ago, swag72 said:

I'm going to buck the trend here - I think that the original version is bang on the money... fine processing and super natural colours.... I don't think that this version has surpassed the original if I'm honest .... sorry :) But I do love that original :)

I was really happy with the original too but missed the olive tones from the OIII that we got when we did our first Seagull when staying with @ollypenricelast spring so I was keen to try and emulate that wiith this effort.

Archived