SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

B22 - Darkness Detailed

Details indeed!  I love the bright reflection area mid frame partially hidden by the nebula--a star forming area, or one monster star.  I bet there is a hallowed out region on the far side.  Amazing that a cloud with such low density can completely block such powerful emissions--speaks to the depth of the cloud I suppose.

Rodd

Amazing how you manage to get that dust to shine. 3D feeling indeed. Do not change anything on the monitor!

Quite a different touch compared to the Gnomus version of the same DSW data that we were recently shown here. Both versions have superb qualities.

I can't see how that could be improved. It's an amazingly natural-looking image, 'amazingly' because this stuff is very faint yet you have it showing boldly. I join Rodd in delighting in that reflection nebula whose greenish-blue into orange ae something I don't recall seeing in any other object. Splendid.

Olly

16 hours ago, wxsatuser said:

Excellent dark stuff Paddy.

Thanks Mike.

10 hours ago, Gedan said:

Very nice?

Thanks Gedan

9 hours ago, swag72 said:

I like this Paddy - Light and fluffy looking coupled with great star colour - Is this with gear from your home or DSW?

Home gear haha :) Honestly not had a clear night since 1st week in Jan!  8-12 Weeks and will be set up in Spain though :).  Thanks for comment.

6 hours ago, Rodd said:

Details indeed!  I love the bright reflection area mid frame partially hidden by the nebula--a star forming area, or one monster star.  I bet there is a hallowed out region on the far side.  Amazing that a cloud with such low density can completely block such powerful emissions--speaks to the depth of the cloud I suppose.

Rodd

Thanks Rodd, wouldn't it be nice to see from all sides!  The scale of the universe, all those little bits of dust over 1000's if light years add up to something tangible.  

5 hours ago, lensman57 said:

Outstanding work.

A.G

Thank you.

5 hours ago, toxic said:

almost 3d the way the darkness just hangs in front of all those stars :thumbright: great stuff Paddy

Cheers Chris, that 'hanging' feeling was what i worked on - please that worked.

5 hours ago, Petergoodhew said:

That's an amazing image Paddy.  The contrast between the "dark matter" and the sky background is really dramatic. You make this stuff look so easy!

Thanks Peter - amazing what hours of mundane practice and thousands of mistakes can amount too.  All practice and paying attention to the data.  No secret skills involved :) Appreciate comments.

3 hours ago, gorann said:

Amazing how you manage to get that dust to shine. 3D feeling indeed. Do not change anything on the monitor!

Quite a different touch compared to the Gnomus version of the same DSW data that we were recently shown here. Both versions have superb qualities.

Make your version is a worthy approach I say (as do a few others) - joy of the hobby is seeing what each person creates.  Comments appreciated.

3 hours ago, ollypenrice said:

I can't see how that could be improved. It's an amazingly natural-looking image, 'amazingly' because this stuff is very faint yet you have it showing boldly. I join Rodd in delighting in that reflection nebula whose greenish-blue into orange ae something I don't recall seeing in any other object. Splendid.

Olly

Thanks Olly, data helps with dust but then lots of controlled isolation both in colour and luminosity help extract the details.  Slow work but patience pays off.  I liked the little flame too but perceived differently with the blueish/green as the 'rear' and the orange as a 'front' element.  Joys of the hobby how we can also perceive same data differently.  Thanks for the feedback, I was quite pleased with myself when i saw the result too :)

1 hour ago, Tangoringo said:

Simply outstanding and dare I say it but 'Hubblesque' in its clarity. ??

Thank you.  Different scales but appreciate the comment.

Cheers for kind words all - Paddy

Archived