sgl_imaging_challenge_2021_annual.thumb.jpg.3fc34f695a81b16210333189a3162ac7.jpg

Waning Gibbous Moon from 14th March 17

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Astro_Dad
      Looking forward to receiving my 102MC in the next few days/weeks depending on supply. Does anyone have any experience, tips/advice?  Looks like a good grab and go particularity for planetary observation - interesting “next generation” mount. 
    • By Balage
      Hi guys,
      I am a newbie on this forum, this is my first topic here but I would like to show you my recent planetary imaging results. I started to catch the planets with a dedicated planetary camera last month but never thought that a small 4" Maksutov can show such small details. The equpment I used:
      SW 102/1300 Maksutov 2.25x Q-turret Barlow lens QHY5L-II color camera EQ-3 GOTO mount All the images were taken on differend countrysides in Hungary. I hope you will like it
      Also, please share your images taken with similar OTA, I'd like to learn some tricks from others as well  

Jupiter's 15 minutes of rotation. Captured with Firecapture, processed in AS!3, Registax and WinJUPOS (2020.08.21)

Saturn, 1 hours stacked with AS!3, processed in Registax (2020.09.05)

Mars, 3 hours of rotation. Captured with Firecapture, stacked with AS!3, processed in Registax. (2020.08.22)

Mars again, 5 minutes stacked in AS!3, processed in Registax. You can see also Olympus Mons and Arsia Mons next to the terminator  (2020.09.05)

Finally, a result of a Hungarian star party where I learned how to use properly my equipment  This time I borrowed an ADC for Saturn.

• By Monofoot
      Hi guys, firstly - sorry if this is posted in the wrong place. 
      I've just ordered a Canon 600D to start doing some astrophotography and it arrives tomorrow - I'm stoked. I've been wanting to get into astrophotography for a while now and I'm so happy to finally be pulling the trigger.
      The last item on my shopping list is a solid beginner telescope which would couple well with my Canon 600D. The research I've done is all pointing towards a newtonian reflector.
      My primary goal here is to take some pictures of stars and planets with the Canon 600D attached to the telescope. I've been looking at the Sky-Watcher 114/900 as it's relatively cheap, which I think is great for someone just starting off - but was wondering what your opinions were seeing as you've all been through this before. Do you have any other recommendations? I'd like to keep my budget up to £300, and that's stretching it really.
      Thanks for taking the time to help!
    • By SamS
      Hi All, I am new to this forum. I need suggestion on astro photography, since I will visit dark site soon.
      I have Canon 600d and Canon 10-18mm f4.5-5.6 wide angle lens. For capturing milky way or sky, I would keep my dslr in manual mode - bulb mode, timer as 30 secs or less to make sure there are no star trails, f5 is minimum at 10mm and ISO between 400 - 1600? What settings should I keep? Also, how many similar images, including subs and flats should I take to get a good image?
      The attached image is my second attempt to capture summer milky way.

• By melsky
      Third time lucky for me, freezing cold and cloudy Monday and Tuesday but this evening I literally had a lucky break. Here is a widefield shot to set the scene taken with an 85mm lens on a Canon 600D.
      Link to video shot with 300mm lens http://flic.kr/p/e35h6b
      Mel

And this is a stacked croppped image of the comet using the frames from the video

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.