Narrowband

As everyone else is doing it... M31 reworked

SteveL

As the skies are continuing to annoy us all, its no surprise that we are returning to previous sessions to see what extra data we can squeeze out of the images we captured. Here is my M31 rework from February 2008.

OTA: NS8GPS @ f/2 (Hyperstar v3)

Guiding: William Optics ZenithStar 66 SD + DSI-C + PHD

RGB Imaging: QHY8 + MaximDL, 12×600s + 24x300s, CLS

Stacked: DeepSkyStacker (2 x drizzle)

Post Process: ImagesPlus (2xbin) + PSCS2 + Noel Carboni’s AstroTools

(Click on image for larger version)

m31_20080821_rework_800.jpg

Yes, a worthwhile reworking Steve. It looks brighter but slightly softer which is how I reckon it should be. The gradients are nicely sorted. Core looks much better although the core of the core, so to speak, is still burnt out with a hard edge - just cheat and use the smudge tool a bit, if it's ok for Adam Block...

Hardly... i`ll be spending my waking hours screaming and shouting at the clouds... :):(:clouds1:

:laughing2: Sometimes I think I can here you Steve,

It ain't a laughing matter anymore, it is beginning to affect peoples demeanor.

I only hope Kelling gives everyone some respite.

Ron.

It's just brilliant, one can only imagine what the Hyperstar on the C11 could do!!!!!

TJ

EDIT: How far did you go with the re-jig Steve, right from the start, or from a stacked image?

Archived