SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

BBC stargazing live at the Institute of Astronomy, University of Cambridge

The Institute of Astronomy and the Cambridge Astronomical Association will be holding an extra public observing session on the Observatory Lawns between 6.30 - 8.30pm on Saturday 18th March 2016 in support of the BBC's Stargazing Live, IF and ONLY if  the weather is clear.

Full details can be found here http://www.ast.cam.ac.uk/node/5015

Lets hope for clear skies on Saturday night :) Although as noted above if the skies are not clear..... There will NOT be a cloudy-weather programme so take a look at the sky before coming out. No stars == No Show!

Please note I have no affiliation with the event or society but simply wanted to pass the details for any interested public member :)

My boys have always really enjoyed these events as they stay up late and see a fantastic show on the big screen connected to the telecopes. And I get to look through the amazing 20 inch Northumberland f/20 refractor...I'm so hoping the skies are clear!

Archived