Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Mad Dogs and astroimagers out on a cloudy night (Venus)

Pete Presland

I managed a quick capture tonight, but difficult doesn't even begin to describe how tricky the conditions/view were! Thick cloud, high haze and the occasional break! I must be desperate :lol: 

When I finally spotted Venus it was around 5 degrees altitude, there were a few gaps but not many. The seeing was brutal, but the Astronomic 807 filter improved the image substantially.

Phase: 5.7%, Diameter: 55.79" -4.5 mag. hopefully much better conditions tomorrow and I can get a "daylight" image, being much higher should yield a better image. :icon_biggrin:

C9.25/Asi120mm + x1.8 Barlow, 807 filter.

venus_130317_193418_UV_g4_ap1_convREG6.png.69fc7a78c8fceabb5602221d0242ddf4.png

Great effort Pete.  :headbang: At least you can see Venus at 5 degrees altitude!  Tuesday and Wednesday late afternoon sessions look goodon the weather cards for me so I will try and get a daylight image too.

well done pete,i was hopeing to get something myself but it was not to be.

bob.

Archived