Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Hi There

onzlow

I have spent the last few months reading the sky at night magazine and slowly gainig a bit of knowledge.

I am a complete novice but I have just ordered my first telescope and hopefully at the weekend (if clear) I will have my first viewing.

Cheers,

Dave.

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi Dave, Thought i`d welcome you as i`m new here myself although i`ve been observing for about a year now.

Congrats on your new scope, what did you go for?

I`m sure you`ll find buckets of useful help from this forum and it seems really friendly too!

I`ve been reading through old post and the `sticky` posts and its great, a really useful and helpful place...

Enjoy and good luck for the weekend :thumbright:

John

And welcome from an old sea dog, who spends half my time beneath the waves, when not observing the skies. By the way, you can blame me for this awful weather, because it was quite reasonable until I bought my new scope about six weeks ago.

Ever since, it's either been raining or too cloudy :clouds1: :clouds1: to see much. I have managed to get in two decent viewing sessions and I am hoping that this coming weekend, I will be able to get the scope out again. :scratch: According to the wether forecasts from the BBC, we are supposed to be having some decent weather for B/H Sun & Mon at least, :sunny: but don't hold your breath, we all know what these weather experts are like for telling porkies :):(:clouds1:

Geoff :salute:

:) Hi all,

To all those who were interested to know the scope i have purchased, well I have gone for a beginners scope, a Celestron Astro Master 90EQ-MD with motor drive.

I know it's not hubble but I would appreciate any comments if anyone knows much about this scope.

Thanks,

Dave.

Hi. Dave, I am not familiar with the scope you have purchased, except to say it is a refractor,

90mm diameter lens, and a focal ratio of almost f12. It is Celestron, so it will have a good quality build. You should get some excellent results on the moon planets, and double stars.

It might be difficult on deep sky objects except for the brighter ones. It is driven as you say, so maintaining an object in the field of view at f12 is desirable. A very decent starter telescope I would say, and I hope you get some great viewing. Of course your weather would have to be a lot better than ours. It has been horrendous for a while now.

Good Luck

Ron. :)

Hi onze

I know you got your scope today so i hope you have dared to take it out of the box ( without much swearing ) and have had a quick go at putting it all together ( again without much swearing ) although with your luck i doubt any

of us will have clear skies ever again :) but then you could say it's my fault for getting you interested in the first

Place anyway good luck with the scope heres hoping theres a break in the cloud for a quick scan.

ps must be going well no phone call

Martin

Archived