Show us your space stuff

moriniboy

Recently had a bit of a mad moment on eBay and ended up with a trio of Russian space memorabilia items from the 60's commemorating Sputnik and Gagarin (must be a TAL owners thing)

So lets see what else you guys n gals have, anything to do with space, meteorites etc. but obviously nothing to do with optics etc.

s-l1600 (3).jpg

s-l1599 (1).jpg

s-l1598 (2).jpg

Wow - thanks, Moriniboy. My very own Russian nightclub on my wrist - I just feel that after a couple of bottles of Stolichnaya, all that neon might make my head hurt!

Actually I was thinking maybe Belka and Strelka - the first dogs who went to space and CAME BACK! (I've never quite forgiven the Russians for Laika).

dogs.jpg.80906f5239c99ec4d4f0328e35239d34.jpg

Or perhaps, more human, Gagarin and Tereshkova:

Gagarin-Tereshkova.jpg.6aa6545b4ccb8795f2805ba625e41936.jpg

On 13/03/2017 at 13:08, moriniboy said:

How about a Russian tubed nixie watch!

KoprisoNWCW2.jpg

LOVE IT!!!!. Never seen or heard of them before. Looking online at the clocks:

https://www.google.ie/search?q=Russian+tube+nixie+watch&client=opera&hs=CXa&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwjU5rbM5dbSAhXnCMAKHelkA9MQ_AUIBigB&biw=1366&bih=632#imgrc=_

I have got to get myself one of these clocks for my desk. I dont wear watches.

34 minutes ago, moriniboy said:

This is one based upon the IN-18 tube, the largest they made.

20170128_193035.jpg

That's the one that took my fancy. My birthday in less than 2 weeks.........guess what i'm buying myself!!!!!!!

Do you have a link as to where to buy this exact clock?.

The space inside my head contains memories of sitting inside a Soyuz space capsule and then crawling through it into the attached Americam Gemini capsule at the Russian space exhibition back in 1976. The contrast between them could not have been different, the Gemini looked latest state of the art for the time whereas the Soyuz looked straight out of a H G Wells novel.   :icon_biggrin:

Archived