Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

First Ha Sun image, SPC900NC + Lunt 60mm

tooth_dr

So this is my first attempt at solar imaging with my new scope.   60mm Lunt PT, with SPC900NC webcam, and  2x Meade Barlow, all on my EQ6.  I cant get my Lumenera camera to work, so I had to make do with an old webcam that I use for guiding.  I also was using Amcap software, and I just slid the sliders about until I could see something.  Then it started to rain on me despite the sun being in full view!  I also realise that I have forgot how to use Registax, or at least V6 looks a bit different!  After about 10 atttempts I got the videos to stack, stuch both together to make a single image.  I stupidly assumed I could replicate the images I see on here, I couldnt be farther from that, so a little disappointed.

On another note, the view through the  scope was incredible, and the images dont do it justice in the slightest.

Thanks for looking,

Adam

2017-03-12_135056_142_2.jpg

Thanks. That was a mono chipped webcam, but clearly antiquated.

Im gonna try to get my skynyx 2.0 mono working and try it before I splash out.  But I'm have a feeling I gonna end up buying an ASI camera. I'm for the states in august so I might buy when I'm over. 

I'm checking out cams now too. I think the zwoasi174, or the dmk41 are two of the best at the price for full disk. Leaning toward the zwo cuz the chip is large enough to move to your sweet spot. I just not sure how my comp will handle the large info though. I've seen awesome results from both these cams on this forum. But I'm chosing a cam spec for my lunt 60. If you have other scopes or are into night time observing a dif cam may be better for you. I think full disk and a Barlow is good for the lunt 60. I'd go for a daystar if you want detailed close ups. Not that the lunt doesn't deliver, just with a daystar you can chose your aperature. I'm fairly new to this as well. Look forward to seeing your progress. 

2 hours ago, Ewan said:

Progress starts from such a fine 1st image Adam, you got the bug now ? ;-)

Thank you Ewan. Im definitely keen to get it out again and try for more. It's also my first 10:1 focuser which is lovely and smooth to use.

There is a fair bit of difference to solar compared with night time astroimaging and even just observing.

i did take it to work on Monday and a couple of the staff had a quick look. I really enjoy explaining it to others, and sharing this amazing view of the Sun. Both asked the same question 'can you use it to look at the Moon?' Lol

On ‎14‎/‎03‎/‎2017 at 22:48, tooth_dr said:

Thank you Ewan. Im definitely keen to get it out again and try for more. It's also my first 10:1 focuser which is lovely and smooth to use.

There is a fair bit of difference to solar compared with night time astroimaging and even just observing.

i did take it to work on Monday and a couple of the staff had a quick look. I really enjoy explaining it to others, and sharing this amazing view of the Sun. Both asked the same question 'can you use it to look at the Moon?' Lol

You also get more sleep ;-)

Archived