SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

Crescent moon "UNSTACKED"

Galactic Wanderer

Hello all, 

Here is the crescent moon taken on 4-5 March (can't quite remember when I took it:icon_biggrin:) 1/1000 with ISO 1200 and Canon 60D. I did convert one image which is the one you are seeing now. However, apparently Registax doesn't comply with canon raw files and converting them is too much of a hassle. Anyway, here it is, a single frame.

Any feedback greatly appreciated. 

Thanks, seb

IMG_8047.png

great shot Seb, what I do with the moon is shoot it in jpeg, you really don't need to shoot raw, regi will stax jpeg straight outa the camera very good, and belive me there isn't no difference in quality with the finished image, take a look at my flicker page, every shot is jpeg apart from  the DS and HA solar shots. well done. charl.

10 hours ago, Galactic Wanderer said:

Registax doesn't comply with canon raw files and converting them is too much of a hassle

Doesn't have to be... Using Pipp (planetary imaging preprocessor) to convert them is a doddle, drag, drop, click, done.

It also aligns and crops your frames as well which is useful.

Lovely image btw.

Archived