SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

First Light Skymax 150 - Gassendi

CraigT82

Nice capture !

I think we all must have been 'doing' Gassendi last night - me too till the clouds etc.

I noted how bright the interior of    Mersenius S (or is it  )     Mersenius C  stood out, just as in your image.

Edited after consulting USGS ! My sketch was reversed !!

Thanks all for the kind comments! 

Comparing this image with a similar one taken through the 200p I can see there's a slight drop in resolving power, but only slight (I had to have them open beside each other and zoomed in to tell) but that's to be expected. It does feel a bit sharper though (better acutance?) and felt a little easier to process than the 200p images. Of course its much easier to set up the skymax and ergonomically it's easier to use. Being able to use a flip mirror should hopefully make a big difference when I eventually get a crack at some planets too. 

27 minutes ago, AKB said:

Really lovely.  Can I ask about details of the processing?

Thanks!  Sure no problem... This is a stack of 200 frames. Aligned and stacked in AS!2, them sharpened in imppg, then over to Photoshop for a bit of tweaking of the curves.

Thanks for the positive comments everybody! :)

Archived