Stargazers Lounge Uses Cookies

Like most websites, SGL uses cookies in order to deliver a secure, personalised service, to provide social media functions and to analyse our traffic. Continued use of SGL indicates your acceptance of our cookie policy.

sgl_imaging_challenge_banner_lunar_landings.thumb.jpg.b50378d0845690d8a03305a49923eb40.jpg

JP50515

Anyone have the dimensions of the Baader MPCC Mkiii?

Hey guys,

Looking to make a custom adapter so I can thread my DSLR into the primary of my SW 130PDS, but I need to know what the dimensions of the Baader MPCC are to calculate the correct spacer dimensions for proper back focus.

I do not have the baader eyepiece yet, but am hoping someone may be able to measure theirs with a mic, or calipers for me.

There's a few different dimensions I will need if anyone can help.

Thanks!

Edited by JP50515

What dimensions do you need to know?

The back focus is 55mm from the T2 thread or 57.5mm from the M48. you may need to adjust it by a mm or two to account for filters, wont know until you test.

Here is an image from the Baader website from this page http://www.baader-planetarium.com/en/2"-mpcc-mark-iii-(multi-purpose-coma-corrector-for-newtons).html:

m48-gross-03.jpg

If you need other measurements I have one, but no calipers so would only be a rough measurement unfortunately. I got it as close as possible to 55mm, and then used some delrin spacers (like these https://www.firstlightoptics.com/adapters/baader-t2-delrin-spacer-ring-set.html) to finish off.

2 hours ago, JP50515 said:

Hey guys,

Looking to make a custom adapter so I can thread my DSLR into the primary of my SW 130PDS, but I need to know what the dimensions of the Baader MPCC are to calculate the correct spacer dimensions for proper back focus.

I do not have the baader eyepiece yet, but am hoping someone may be able to measure theirs with a mic, or calipers for me.

There's a few different dimensions I will need if anyone can help.

Thanks!

Not exactly sure what it is you are trying to do, but I use one of these which gives an entirely threaded attachment of my DSLR and MPCC.

https://teleskop-austria.at/?produkt=FUFmpcc

HTH