Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Using Drizzle stacking/ combine to improve resolution

I found it wonderfully effective on fast frame solar imaging. The only free lunch in astrophotography! I'd get an image four times bigger by area and better resolved.

I haven't tried it much in DS imaging but perhaps I should. You do need to be undersampled for it to work.

Olly

Ive used 2x drizzle in DSS becuase I found it better than just resizing in Ps by 200% (it doesnt ruin the stars as much). It leaves the image a little soft, I reduced that by downsizing by 25% - but you still end up with an image larger than the original. I used it for combining data from two differing focal lengths (ie: Lum and RGB).

I use Bayer Drizzle in PixInsight as part of my standard DSLR processing sequence.  It means the that the R, G and B channels in the final image all have the same resolution as if I had taken the image with a mono camera and filters, since there is no Bayer filter interpolation being performed.

Mark

Archived