Narrowband

Eqmod, APT and Lacerta mgen

Hi guys.

I have recently decided to try and control my imaging sessions from a laptop.

I installed all the software and drivers that I need to do it and done lots of research in how to use them. Because the weather doesnt really allow me to take any proper tests I ran as many simulations as I could to understand how it all works. What I don't  know is how to set the autoguiding if I'm using a standalone autoguider. Do I use pulse guiding or do I somehow disable the autoguiding all together?

I bought the full version of APT which controls the dithering of the lacerta and with the software that came with the standalone autoguider I can control and setup the guiding from the laptop too.

I just don't know what to choose for autoguiding in eqmod when I setup the driver.

Emil

Maybe I made myself misunderstood. What I don't know is what option to choose for autoguiding when I set up the eqmod driver. There are 2 options: ST4 and pulse guiding.

Which option should I choose when using a standalone autoguider that doesn't connect to the ascom platform? I don't know if there is this option but I'm thinking that maybe I should disable the autoguiding in eqmod if none of the 2 options are good for using a standalone autoguider?

Emil

15 hours ago, emyliano2000 said:

Maybe I made myself misunderstood. What I don't know is what option to choose for autoguiding when I set up the eqmod driver. There are 2 options: ST4 and pulse guiding.

Which option should I choose when using a standalone autoguider that doesn't connect to the ascom platform? I don't know if there is this option but I'm thinking that maybe I should disable the autoguiding in eqmod if none of the 2 options are good for using a standalone autoguider?

Emil

Because the guiding is being controlled by the standalone guider you should unselect the pulse guiding option in eqmod and select st4 instead. Eqmod should then not control the mount for guiding.

Archived