SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

LUMIX G7 Manual Mode Issues

Trumpetnut

Hi everyone.

I have a Panasonic LUMIX G7 and I was having my first go at the astrophotography malarkey tonight. I set the camera to manual then played with shutter speeds and f stops and ISOs,  and took some reasonable pictures of Orion. I then moved my camera and tripod for some shots of Ursa Major, but it wasn't having any of it. Using the app I pressed the shutter button, but it wouldn't take the shot. The shutter speed number and f stop number on the camera flashed red and I got frustrated pretty quickly. I tried pressing the shutter manually after turning the ap off and the numbers still flashed red.

Does anyone have any ideas how I can set the camera up to take the shot no matter what settings I use? Is there some electronic jiggery pokery that is preventing the shutter from firing? 

Thanks in advance. 

The Nut.

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

I think that despite being in Manual mode, the camera expects you to select shutter speeds and apertures that give exposures acceptable to the autoexposure !

So your shot of Orion is bright enough at the bottom of frame, but UM in the north and at higher Alt may not have been.

So you're looking for a manual mode with autoexposure off - time to plough through the manual.

Michael

Archived