Observing Information

DSO - M35

Date - 08/03/17

Time - 21:00

Lunar Phase - Waxing Gibbous 85%

Seeing - Poor

Equipment - Celestron Nexstar 6SE

Eyepieces - ES 24mm 68 degree

It's been a good 6 months since I've sketched a DSO and I have to say it brought tears of joy to my eyes.

My object of choice of course was an open cluster M35 before I got to this magnificently rich cluster I observed the moon for a time an M45 fiddled about with my DSLR camera which I must admit is starting to annoy me just something to eat up my visual observing time.

Anyway I turned my attention to M35 not to sure what to expect and wow was I surprised, the sheer amount of stars in the whole FOV was simply overwhelming.

I was using my ES 24mm 68 degree EP and I have to say it filled the EP gloriously I must have spent a good hour sketching and even then I don't feel I did it justice.

Anyway it's good to be back and I'm sure my next sketch won't be as long as my last.

Clear Sky's ✨??☄️

Richard

IMG_5359.JPG

Very nicely caught Richard.

Although I don't sketch myself I'm in awe of the skill shown by members in this section.

I was looking at this a few days ago when the moon was not so bright and couldn't believe the number of stars on view.

1 minute ago, Astro Imp said:

Very nicely caught Richard.

Although I don't sketch myself I'm in awe of the skill shown by members in this section.

I was looking at this a few days ago when the moon was not so bright and couldn't believe the number of stars on view.

Thank you Astro, there are some extremely talented people in this forum ?

I was surprised at the sheer number of stars considering the brightness of the moon, I will almost certainly be having round 2 with this gem as soon as the opportunity arises ?

Richard

Archived