Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Hailing from Uruguay

ingrast

Welcome Rodolfo from a very cloudy United Kingdom. :(:):clouds1: Yes, it supposed to be summer, but we don't get these anymore. I spent a bit of time in South America, during my time in the Royal Navy, back in the 1960s, hence my username, but I am an old sea dog now!! :wave:

Nice to see that this forum is attracting many world wide members.

Geoff :salute:

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Welcome to SGL Rodolfo. Nice to have a member from South America. You must get some lovely night skies in Uruguay. If you are an imager, I'm sure we would all love to see some Southern Sky Objects.

Best Wishes.

Ron. :)

Rodolfo Bienvenido, espero que su tiempo con este foro te lleva muchas horas de ayuda, y que podemos conocer algunas de las maravillosas vistas del cielo austral. Nick........

¡Buen español Nick! ¿De donde eres?

This is an amazingly friendly forum !! I did no plan to mention it, but I tried another forum before joining SGL, mainly because I found a thread about the sope my son presented (my first telescope!!) and mods to improve it. I also belongs below the equator, and I expected some kind of friendliness for that but it was not to be. Regretably not a single welcome response, not and acknowledgment of my comments about the hacks I had made or have planned. Nil.

Yes, we have a mostly mild weather here. Winter may present cold wet weather sometimes for over a week, which clears up in bitter cold, but I have never seen snow neither does temperature drop below freezing except exceptionally for a couple of hours at dawn if at all. Wind and moisture may make you miserable though if careless outdoors.

At the height of summer (January) it may be equally miserably hot but only so much (36oC or little more), and may bring though infrequently the infamous "pampero" a southwesterly gale that has claimed more than a score of shipwrecks strewn along the Atlantic an River Plate coastline.

But most of the time the weather is fair.

I did for some time contribute to the canadian site Suite101 as contributing editor for the Astronomy and Astrophysics forum, and checked the links are still alive hough I no longer write for them here is the link in case someone is interested in looking out, it was intended for a general audience but tried to do some serious research for each article.

http://www.suite101.com/welcome.cfm/astronomy_astrophysics

Thanks all again for the nice welcome!

Rodolfo

Hi Rodolfo,

Welcome to the forum, :( .........

WHAT never seen SNOW!......What's the cost of living like?...Have you got a spare bedroom, :) ......I think an extended holiday is about due........

Ah well I live and hope.

Look forward to your post's.

Mick.G.

Rodolfo Bienvenido, espero que su tiempo con este foro te lleva muchas horas de ayuda, y que podemos conocer algunas de las maravillosas vistas del cielo austral. Nick........

¡Buen español Nick! ¿De donde eres?

Originally from England, but now live in the Limousin region of central France.......

Encantado de conocerle, le deseo cielos despejados!

Hi Rodolfo,

Welcome to the forum, :( .........

WHAT never seen SNOW!......What's the cost of living like?...Have you got a spare bedroom, :) ......I think an extended holiday is about due........

Ah well I live and hope.

Look forward to your post's.

Mick.G.

Hey you are welcome here Mick, whenever you want to come !!

Rodolfo

Archived