sgl_imaging_challenge_2021_2.thumb.jpg.72789c04780d7659f5b63ea05534a956.jpg

Celestron Nexstar 11 GPS Forks/Base + Tripod + Milburn Deluxe Wedge - SOLD

Following the recent deforking of my Celestron C11 Nexstar GPS, the original fork mount/base, tripod and the Milburn wedge are now for sale

Items are

i) Milburn Deluxe wedge with keypad holder - 1" aluminium, powder coated black -  built like a tank,  - currently drilled to accept A Celestron C11 Nexstar GPS C11, but could be drilled for other SCT bases
 - see http://www.milburnwedge.com/. Its circa 2007 vintage and originally cost ~£500. Weighs ~ 50lbs

ii) Celestron Field Tripod as supplied with the Nexstar 11 - 2003 vintage so showing some wear & tear - weighs ~20lb. I'll throw in a set of vibration suppression pads with this

iii) Celestron Nexstar 11 Forks & base (no OTA - that's now on my EQ8) - 2003 vintage. it's showing its age - paint is flaking off the metal parts of the forks - complete with hand controller, RS232 programming cable and RS232 PC Control cable. The hand controller & motor controller firmware cannot be upgraded any further  - versions are - Hand controller v2.2, motor controller v4.6. I only ever did planetary/lunar and video based DSO imaging - it was capable of ~10 second unguided exposures @f/5 for DSOs. Weighs ~35lbs

Please see pics for detailed condition . Happy to provide further details if required

All items were housed either in my home built observatory (2003 - 2007) or the replacement Pulsar dome - 2007 - present

Prices:-
Milburn Wedge - £150
Tripod         - £50
Forks & Base   - £75

or sensible offers.

Payment - cash or paypal.

Given the size and weight of these things - prefer 'collection only' or a '1/2 way meet with 100 miles' from the New Forest - as shipping would be extortionate but could be negotiated.

ww-07866.jpg

ww-07867.jpg

ww-07868.jpg

ww-07869.jpg

ww-07870.jpg

ww-07871.jpg

ww-07873.jpg

ww-07874.jpg

ww-07876.jpg

Edited by ngwillym
sale pending
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By JemC
      SOLD
      I have this EQ6 Pro Tripod for sale
      its been sat in my garage for the last couple of years just collecting dust,  so might as well go to someone who could put it to good use, 
      There are a couple of marks on it but nothing significant, the spreader plate does have a small chip which can be seen in the picture, IT DOES NOT COME WITH Azimuth bolt.
      not sure what these are worth? So how about £70 + postage

• By andyrawlins
      Hi All
      After much research, primarily on this site and The Binocular Sky, I got hold of the above binoculars.  I spent ages writing a review specifically for this site of what I found, as a thanks for all the advice I had received.  By the power of idiocy I then managed to post it on Cloudy Nights instead (I had both open in my browser).  Too much Christmas port I guess  
      Anyway, too late to take it down as some have already replied and I guess I shouldn't post the same thing on two sites so here is a link to my review on completely the wrong site   No offence at all to Cloudy Nights but I wrote it with the Stargazers Lounge audience in mind and it may make less sense on a US site.
      Comparison of Pentax SP 50 WP 10x50 and Nikon Action EX 10x50 CF

• By Zermelo
      I saw a suggestion somewhere (possibly in SGL) to attach lights to your tripod legs (dark-adaption-friendly ones, of course). The idea being to avoid accidental collisions, especially at star parties or outreach events. We experience this quite regularly at home too, so I decided it was worth pursuing (and also, as users of go-to functionality, I’m getting tired of repeating alignment operations throughout the evening).

The very simple idea was a (removable) clip for each leg, each with an LED. I briefly considered a self-contained battery to power each, but decided that charging them was too much hassle (and I also doubted finding LEDs that would operate at such low voltage). Instead, they would be fed from the USB port on the power supply I previously rigged up. I thought the LEDs would be more noticeable if flashing, and found these.

My SkyWatcher 150i tripod has 1.25” upper legs and 1” lower. Since collisions are most likely with the lower legs, it was that diameter I worked with. I looked for plastic pipe clips of this size (the most common ones are 15mm and 22mm used for plumbing) and found these. They have a hole for a fixing screw that can be used to hold an LED, and they have a hinged collar for holding the tube, which preserves a gap that allows electrical connections to pass.

The screw hole in the clip was wide enough to admit the LED body but not the rim. To allow the LED to protrude from the clip I drilled out the holes a little wider, and about 2/3 of the distance through the clip. The LED could then be pushed through until the rim engaged, and the terminal leads were bent into a succession of right angles to guide them to the top of the clip. I found some twin speaker wire in my junk box, and soldered lengths to each LED’s terminals. The clips have a channel along the edge to allow them to be ganged together. I opened them out with a needle file so that the speaker wire was a tight fit when pressed in – this was for strain relief.

I covered over the soldered joints with some scrap plastic strip, screwed into the clip, and pushed some Araldite into the hole and around the exposed metal, to prevent shorting:

These LEDs seem to work on 5.1V without needing a series resistor, so I twisted the positive and negative ends of the three speaker cables to run directly in parallel. I cannibalised a USB cable for its male socket, and soldered it (with a bit of its flex) to the speaker wires. The USB wires were quite flimsy, so I reinforceded the joint by gluing, sliding over some bits of thin plastic tubing and wrapping with duct tape.

The clips are a very tight fit onto the tripod legs; with hindsight I’d try to find some slightly larger. I’d planned on adding and removing them as needed, but decided to leave them permanently attached:

Total cost: £8.39

• By Harmann Multani
      Hey everyone,
      I'm new to visual astronomy and I have an Astromaster 130EQ by Celestron. I have a problem with my tripod. It is the standard stainless steel tripod which comes with the telescope. I am having issues with leveling it as it bends as soon as the weight of the counterweights, mount and optic tube is put. Please help me.
    • By MrGuGuZai
      Hi, i just bought a skywatcher mak 127, when arrived i only realise i bought the OTA without mount. so i ordered az gti mount, because of covid 19 lockdown in my country they can only deliver after the lockdown period.

my question is can i use mak 127 on a camera tripod temporarily? i had this https://www.samurai-...samurai-pro-888. it show can support 5kg max.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.