Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

What kind if eclipse is this?

Hi, there will be a annular eclipse in my country in 2019(i know long way to go) I'm just curious. 

There is another in 2020 where my friends have planned to go to the place where we can see it. 

This is an image from stellerium. I also checked time and date. 

Is this an annualar or total?

Edit. 

If you'll wanna check it out. Date is June 21,2020

IMG_20170306_210555.thumb.jpg.5e026b6070af5ceab80712938a4ad240.jpg

8 minutes ago, Nova2000 said:

Hi Jhon.but at the maximum will a diamond ring phenomenon occur? I mean it's almost 99%.of a total. 

I don't know - doesn't that all depend on the lunar topography at the limb and the degree of annularity :icon_scratch:

I guess someone somewhere might be able to predict whether or not a diamond ring effect or bailys beads will be seen, but it's beyond me I'm afraid.

I have observed two Annular eclipses and the rim of the Sun is still too bright to view without protection. You will not see a diamond ring but the view is still great to observe. Sometimes there are hybrid eclipses which is a mixture of Total and Annular but this is not one of them.

Just remember you will need eclipse glasses throughout.

Archived