SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

Comet 41P/Tuttle-Giacobini-Kresak (Feb.25,2017)

Comet 41P/Tuttle-Giacobini-Kresak imaged on February 25th 2017 shows a coma with a diameter of 7 arcminutes and green-bluish color. At the moment of taking this image the comet had a brightness around magnitude 10.

Click for direct link:
41P_170225_1200.jpg
GSO 8" f/3.8 & Canon EOS-100D (4 x 240 sec. at ISO-1600) from Hoya Redonda, Valencia (Spain)

Post: http://cometografia.es/41p-tuttle-giacobini-kresak-20170225/

Great capture. I literally just discovered this comet by accident while looking around with Stellarium. If the clouds permit it, I'll try giving it a go, when its magnitude peaks. Stellarium says that it peaks around 6.7 magnitude around April 12th. Is that correct?
Also with these 4 minute subs, do you need to actually track its slight movement? Or is the field of view big enough, and subs short enough, for it not to matter?

Nice capture. I'm still yet to image this one. The UK clouds are being a pest. Looking forward to observing and imaging this one in the coming week's :thumbsup: (quietly confident it will reach naked eye)

Archived