Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Moon - Aristoteles and Eudoxus craters

N3ptune

Hello !

Here is a fast sketch done last night 2017-03-04 at around 21:30, with my 203mm Reflector and a 4.7mm eyepiece giving 212x. The temperature was frigid -15 degree Celcius and the transparency medium bad. It's was a fast sketch, I think I did it in around 15 minutes total time (because it was so cold). It's not too elaborated but I am proud of it because of the speed, and the efforts in extreme harsh climatic conditions.

And there is an extra story with that, I've got on a first date with a woman just before my observation, and sadly it went not really well with her..

--> BUT The good thing is, Astronomy saved the day, again (((: :wink:

(I have an entry on my log sheet stating the date just before the sketch.)

QCbPoeB.jpg

It's a very nice sketch and you're right to be proud of it. I would be!

As regards your dating escapade, may be next time you should take her for a meal in a warm  classy restaurant.  -15° and a Pot Noodle might might have been a bit too much for a first date! ?

Mike

Thanks for the comment on the sketch (;

@mikeDnight Thanks for the tips on the classy restaurant, we actually went to eat noodles at a Vietnamese restaurant she chose, it was not classy but it was warm and inexpensive. I paid a total price of 26$ for both of us, to get 2 large bowls of vegetable and meat  noodles soups, with fresh herbs and some fried rolls plus lot of tea, no alcohol. . She wanted to eat a vegetarian soup.

But there was no "clic" for both of us it seems.

--> I did not bring her outside to do astronomy while eating a warm pot soup lol. :p

Nice sketch. Every time I see a lunar sketch I promise myself I'll have a go. I think lack of confidence is still putting me off. I've studied you shading and you make it look easy! :)

On 3/6/2017 at 16:47, Paul M said:

Nice sketch. Every time I see a lunar sketch I promise myself I'll have a go. I think lack of confidence is still putting me off. I've studied you shading and you make it look easy! :)

If it can help I am glad for you! The hardest thing is to start the sketch, once it's started it OK for me. You can try to sketch a few pictures of craters from the computer screen to practice, then after try at the eyepiece which is far more challenging.

4 hours ago, N3ptune said:

If it can help I am glad for you! The hardest thing is to start the sketch, once it's started it OK for me. You can try to sketch a few pictures of craters from the computer screen to practice, then after try at the eyepiece which is far more challenging.

Thats exactly what I have been doing,practising at the computer. Got my new telescope, pencils and paper. Just waiting for a clear night. :) 

Archived