Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

March 5th - White Light

David Smith

After some early rain the skies cleared briefly just after 12. I was in two minds whether to go out with the wind as strong as it was but our back garden is quite sheltered. Spent a few minutes with the Evostar 120 / Bader ND5 / Revelation 15mm plossl combo, expecting to see a blank disk after yesterday. Not the case, a single spot has formed over night about half way from the centre line to the east limb. Further investigation with the ES 11mm showed no other details.

I was all set to try and image this exciting turn of event's but by the time I had retrieved the camera the clouds were back and moments later the heavens opened again.

Until next time

Same here, a blue bit appeared after the rain, still windy but thought I'd have a go, got a couple of short shakey vid's then as there was a nice Moon showing I thought I'd have shot at that whereupon the clouds returned threatening rain so packed up quickly.

Dave

Archived