Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Eyepiece self centering adaptors

yes you use the 2" part of the focuser. the 2" will be a good fit on the self centering adaptor, so that will be central, the the reducer 1.25 will lock it central.

i use the badder clicklock, great bit of kit

I have one for my SW200P-DS high was initially to help centralise the laser colimator. The tolerance on my 2" focuser is much tighter, so even with the two Lock screws to secure it the is virtually no movement on the 2" SCA that will cause any problem. 

I've got one by Revelation and three by Starguider - cheaper, and just as good.  They are semi-permanently on my low and medium power EPs so that I can easily slot several EPs into the 2" diagonal without bothering with a separate  adapter at all.  Very handy!

Doug.

Hi there, I have the Orion one (the same adapter is branded in many ways and at varying prices) and it works very well, threaded for 2" filters as well, you just turn the top ring of the adapter and your 1.25" ep is secured centrally in place, I wouldn't be without mine, so easy to use. 

• 2 weeks later...

The centering of the eyepiece is unimportant.  No one could notice if the center of the field were a few thousandths of an inch off-center.

What is nice is that these adapters are:

--compatible with all types of undercuts (unlike brass split-rings)

--threaded for 2" filters on the bottom, making 2" filters the "universal size"

--easy to use with gloves on

--designed to make insertion and removal of eyepieces smoother and easier without having the eyepiece "catch"

Look for ones with a long collet to bind the eyepiece (less tippy and more secure) and where the collet part comes all the way up to the opening of the adapter.

Archived