Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

1st go with Neq6pro for DS imaging.

After a couple of years of never getting round to it i finally got my hands on a 2nd hand Neq6pro to carry my skywatcher 200p.

15x60 sec frames

10x60 sec darks

Stacked and a little play in PS this was the result.

Any good for a newbie?

Cheers :-)

Ps the saved image is alot sharper and clearer than the uploaded jpeg for some reason.

17038457_10206999962631174_7423674396440932350_o.jpg

Nice image. I'd suggest working on your polar alignment as you've still got star trails. Or maybe it's due to collimation as I'd imagine an Neq6 should be able to do 60 second subs unguided perfectly fine. 

You'll need to make sure the peaks of your histogram in each channel (rgb) line up, that should get rid of the red hue you have in your background 

Thanks for comments. Yeah polar alignment was rushed that night as too was the PS jiggle around. Guess i was too eager to try out the new mount. Ive had it out since with better polar alignment but then the clouds came :-(

However the couple of 90 sec snaps i took before surrendering to the poor skies showed no trailing so i think the Neq6pro was a good choice. Itll be guided in the next couple of months too but the mount broke the bank for now lol

1 hour ago, geordie85 said:

You'll need to make sure the peaks of your histogram in each channel (rgb) line up, that should get rid of the red hue

Had a go at this myself (also some multi-level processing) but not sure I did it justice...

M42_wls3.thumb.jpg.82bcf5fb7d176b3407633ed7e5a8fac5.jpg

Wish my first images were this good!

Archived