Stargazers Lounge Uses Cookies

Like most websites, SGL uses cookies in order to deliver a secure, personalised service, to provide social media functions and to analyse our traffic. Continued use of SGL indicates your acceptance of our cookie policy.

sgl_imaging_challenge_banner_android_vs_ios_winners.thumb.jpg.803608cf7eedd5cfb31eedc3e3f357e9.jpg

lambermo

Call for 10Micron mount owners that are interested in INDI

Hi all,

The 10Micron mounts extend the LX200 protocol which means that their basics can be controlled by anything that speaks LX200.
The Mount Command Protocol as 10Micron calls it is fully documented (I would not have bought this mount otherwise).

I've started a 10Micron INDI device driver to support the extensions, based off of LX200Generic so that it inherits basic LX200 functionality.
First thing that was added was TCP/IP support so that the mounts' ethernet port can be used for control and free up the mounts' serial port for a GPS unit at the same time.
This support was later moved up into the main INDI::Telescope class so that all INDI mounts that support it now can use ethernet 
On connect the driver sets Ultra Precision Mode (needed for model building later on and helpful with pointing).
It also retrieves basic properties like product name/control box type/firmware version.
Next Park and Unpark are supported.

Last pull request : https://github.com/indilib/indi/pull/167

Known TODO's
- find out where J2000 needs translation to Jnow
- support pointing model building. Maybe by porting MountWizzard (python with ties to ASCOM and SGpro) ?

Who is interested in helping and/or has ideas on what needs to be implemented next ?

-- Hans

Hello Hans,

Your message is quite old... but I try (:>).

I just installed the INDI driver for the 10micron GM1000, and if I understand well, you did write it - thanks !

I've few questions about this driver. Is it the right place to ask them ?

Best regards,

François

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By OlegKutkov
      Hello.
      This is my first post here and I wish to introduce a little program i wrote.
      This is a RAW to FITS batch converter. Converter supports many cameras vendors: Canon, Nikon, Pentax, Fuji, Konica, Hasselblad and so on.
      May be useful for someone who shooting space with DSLR and wanna do a real science, search for variable stars for example.
      Program is very simple (see attached screenshot), you just set input directory, output directory and few conversion options.
      You can choose how to process color channels from the RAW file.
      Possible options is:
      - convert RGB to avarage grayscale
      - store all three channels as separate images in a one FITS.
      - store all three channels in a separate FITS's
      - store only one selected channel
      Converter supports multithreading conversion, depending on your cpu/cores count.
      All data you entered in UI will store in FITS header. Some data (like exposure, date and camera model) may be acquired from the RAW file, this is preferable.

This is a free software licensed under GPLv2 license.
      You can get it on github: https://github.com/olegkutkov/Raw2Fits
      Program uses libraw library and i highly recommend to get latest stable version of this library instead of using your distro version. If you have multiple LibRaw versions on your system - please carefully check which version you linking and using in runtime. Correct Makefile if needed.
      Libraw version older than 0.17 may not correctly extract EXIF data from the RAW files.
      Also you will need cfitsio, any version is Ok.
      User interface is built with GTK3 toolkit and tested with Gnome 3, Mate and Cinnamon DE on different Mint, Debian and Fedora distributions.

After executing 'sudo make install' command this program should appear in your Applications menu
      Hope this program will be useful for someone.
      I will be glad to hear your feedback, propositions and bug reports

• By jdmgray
      Hi all, 
      Not sure I'm in the right place or not but I was hoping someone could help...
      I have an Altair Astro GPCamV2 and the box tells you to get the software from http://cameras.altairastro.com/ and that it will only work with Windows!
      I was wondering if anyone else has gotten this type of cam working on a Linux os before and what the steps were for doing so. (Other software that will work, terminal commands for the drivers etc.)
      thank you in advance ?
    • By jdmgray
      Hi everyone.
      I'm currently running Linux on my laptop and just wanted to know the best stacking software is for an amateur to use.
      I tried installing registax with wine but it didn't work.
      I've tried out PIPP and didn't really get on with it.
      So far the only one I've gotten my head around is Siril by free astro.
      Would like to know what other software there is that works well on linux that is good for amateurs who have just started playing around with this. 
    • By artoleus
      Hi,
      So, I have a minor setup issue for my automation setup.   Here is a brief overview of my setup:
      Raspberrypi on the scope connected to a powered usb hub.  Connected to the hub are a external wifi card (raspberry pi3 wifi is weak), an astromodified Canon 550D, a QHY5L-II for guiding and an EQ6 pro mount. The camera and QHY are connected to an OAG.  The QHY5 is also connected to the mounts ST4 port. 
      On the Rasperry Pi 3 I am running xubuntu with INDI server and PHD2 installed.  Using realvnc to view phd2.  indi server + webserver starts on boot,  static ip on external wifi card starts on boot. 
      On my laptop I have EKOS to connect to indi server and phd2 for guiding.  I am running phd2 on the raspberrypi to hopefully this will let PHD2 have a more direct (faster) connection to the guide camera.  
      My issue:
      Their appears to be a disabled install of ufw which has some groups under iptables.  I enabled the ufw and enbled the ports 4400, 7642 (PHD2), 8624 (indiweb), 7624(indi) however the guiding suite of Ekos would not connect to PHD2.  I disabled ufw and flushed the iptables and tried again with the above ports however the same result.  In the end I have opened all the ports to allow the connection to proceed, which is ok for short term but ideally I would want some security.  
      Does anyone know which ports I should open to get indi, indiweb and phd2 to talk nicely to my laptop EKOS version?  
      Anyone else running a similar setup successfully?  Can you give me any indications of what pitfalls to avoid?
      Thanks

• By wimvb
      Imaging season is still a few weeks away up here, but I've started dusting of my gear and upgrading some parts.
      One step closer to automation is a motor focuser, and I opted for a budget solution. I bought a SkyWatcher DC focuser and built a computer control for it. Since I use INDI for my automation, I had to find a way to connect the focuser to indiserver. A first thought was to use the INDIduino code, but after some coding and testing I found out that this code is very limited and not really supported by indi clients. The Ekos/Kstars focus module can't be used for focus control if you use INDIduino, apparently.
      But then I stumbled upon an Arduino solution that emulates the MoonLite focuser (http://www.indilib.org/forum/general/283-moonlite-focuser-protocol.html). Unfortunately, this protocol is for a focuser with a stepper motor, whereas the SkyWatcher has a geared DC motor.
      I had already rewritten some code from stepper to (geared) DC motor, so it was easy to adapt this to the MoonLite based code.
      My solution consists of the following:
      hardware:
      - SkyWatcher DC focuser (only the motor is used, the handbox is replaced by the Arduino)
      - Arduino UNO
      - Velleman motor controller shield for Arduino
      - 9 V power adapter to power the shield
      - Raspberry Pi

software:
      - Arduino sketch with Geared Motor library (see below for link)
      - INDI server on RPi, and client (Ekos/Kstars) on Windows

I've tested this setup on my SkyWatcher Explorer 150PDS and it runs fine. Unfortunately I haven't been able to test the autofocus, due to absence of astrodarkness and clear skies.
      Since a DC focuser has no knowledge about the position of the actual focuser, the software assumes that position '0' is all the way in. Maximum position is 25000 for my setup. By default, focus is increased by 100 steps, which is supposed to be 100 ms of motor drive.

BTW, the code is in my GitHub repository:
      https://github.com/wberlo/Arduino_Moonlite_Focuser

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.