SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

Call for 10Micron mount owners that are interested in INDI

lambermo

Hi all,

The 10Micron mounts extend the LX200 protocol which means that their basics can be controlled by anything that speaks LX200.
The Mount Command Protocol as 10Micron calls it is fully documented (I would not have bought this mount otherwise).

I've started a 10Micron INDI device driver to support the extensions, based off of LX200Generic so that it inherits basic LX200 functionality.
First thing that was added was TCP/IP support so that the mounts' ethernet port can be used for control and free up the mounts' serial port for a GPS unit at the same time.
This support was later moved up into the main INDI::Telescope class so that all INDI mounts that support it now can use ethernet 
On connect the driver sets Ultra Precision Mode (needed for model building later on and helpful with pointing).
It also retrieves basic properties like product name/control box type/firmware version.
Next Park and Unpark are supported.

Last pull request : https://github.com/indilib/indi/pull/167

Known TODO's
- find out where J2000 needs translation to Jnow
- support pointing model building. Maybe by porting MountWizzard (python with ties to ASCOM and SGpro) ?

Who is interested in helping and/or has ideas on what needs to be implemented next ?

-- Hans

• 1 year later...

Hello Hans,

Your message is quite old... but I try (:>).

I just installed the INDI driver for the 10micron GM1000, and if I understand well, you did write it - thanks !

I've few questions about this driver. Is it the right place to ask them ?

Best regards,

François

Archived