Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

1st image with new scope and camera

This is my first image taken with my new Canon 60D through my new 130PDS with coma corrector. It is just a single exposure of 30 seconds unguided with no editing at all. I am really pleased with the result. I think I have the polar alignment sorted and cant wait to try again with multiple stacked frames. I have had the scope for 6 weeks and this is the first chance I have had to use it properly and even then it clouded over after 2 hours.

IMG_0071 (2).jpg

Great result for a single exposure. You can prevent the burnt out core by decreasing ISO. Srack 30+ of these with flats and bias (no darks necessary probably), and you've got a winner.

Good luck

3 hours ago, Waldemar said:

First image, single exposure and no processing...?  wow that promises a lot... 

Its not my first image, just the first with this camera and scope. I have been imaging since last August with a 10" reflector and a 450D and produced some reasonable images, but found the scope too big to image with (hence the 130PDS). I have recently sorted polar alignment. This is one of my images of M42 from last year, stacked and processed. You can see that the stars are not as crisp and round as in the new image. I posted this as I was so chuffed at the image quality from the new camera and scope combination.

Orion 07 Nov.jpg

1 hour ago, D Wright said:

Its not my first image, just the first with this camera and scope. I have been imaging since last August with a 10" reflector and a 450D and produced some reasonable images, but found the scope too big to image with (hence the 130PDS). I have recently sorted polar alignment. This is one of my images of M42 from last year, stacked and processed. You can see that the stars are not as crisp and round as in the new image. I posted this as I was so chuffed at the image quality from the new camera and scope combination.

i can imagine that... huge difference! You seem to be doing very well! 

Archived