SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

Save The Date

Grant

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 16/03/2017 at 21:15, DaveS said:

Wednesdsy sounds good to me.

I'll make up my mind closer to the point when bookings open.

I'm planning on staying the whole week like last time.   Gives a better chance of useable observing nights.

• 3 weeks later...
On 03/03/2017 at 08:28, Grant said:

Friday 13th October - Friday 20th October

The main days being Friday 13th / Saturday 14th with people welcome to stay longer into the following week.

Friday 13th is Mrs T's birthday ?

Looks like I have some negotiating to do ?

1 hour ago, Trikeflyer said:

I'm a newbie to astronomy and I'm planning to attend this, never done a star party before! I'll be on my own so hopefully will meet some of you good people!

steve

You will be very welcome, Steve. 

It's a friendly bunch here on SGL :wink:

6 hours ago, Trikeflyer said:

I'm a newbie to astronomy and I'm planning to attend this, never done a star party before! I'll be on my own so hopefully will meet some of you good people!

steve

This will be my 3rd SGL.  It's a nice relaxed party.   The important thing is to observe the red light rules if it's clear.  But, people are not generally nasty about it.  Actually, I've found the experience to be the exact opposite - people are tolerant, and helpful to getting you sorted so that you get the best night vision :)

On ‎23‎/‎04‎/‎2017 at 16:15, Trikeflyer said:

steve

I did my first star party last year, although there was no clear skies, it was nice to meet a friendly bunch of folk - I was on my own too. I should be heading down again this time, though I've been told It's my daughter's birthday weekend, so we'll have to push that out by a week.

15 minutes ago, rockystar said:

though I've been told It's my daughter's birthday weekend

Errrr.................I don't think I would have admitted that!!!  LOL

34 minutes ago, JOC said:

Errrr.................I don't think I would have admitted that!!!  LOL

He might mean it's the weekend his daughters birthday party is rather than the actual birthday...

I hope... ??? :)

yes, her birthday is on the Tuesday after; last year we let her open presents on the Sunday, so that we could all be there and she could play with them, rather than her having to go to school and me off early to work. Party not planned yet, so it can be the weekend after.

we should be ok to make it down again :)

• 2 weeks later...

So I've booked with the campsite for Friday and Saturday. This will be my first star party so hope the weather is good an I look forward to meeting any of you that are attending.  Feeling excited already!

8 minutes ago, Trikeflyer said:

So I've booked with the campsite for Friday and Saturday. This will be my first star party so hope the weather is good an I look forward to meeting any of you that are attending.  Feeling excited already!

Bookings haven't opened yet! So if you've booked directly with the campsite you will not be put with the main star party and will be in a different area of the campsite - you also won't be registered to receive a welcome pack, name badges etc... or be able book food.

Pleae don't book directly with the campsite.

14 minutes ago, Trikeflyer said:

Oops OK. The reply I got from the campsite was this 

Morning Steve,

Thank you for your e-mail.

A booking has been put on the system with the Stargazers from 13th October for two nights.

We look forward to seeing you in October. 

Kind regards,

Anna

Should I contact them and cancel? Please advise.

Please do cancel and book through the official booking - I'm not sure why they let you book directly it shouldn't be possible so I will double check with them.

Apologies for the confusion Grant, my error.  I will cancel my reservation and wait for the official booking to appear here on the site.  I'm glad I posted now otherwise this wouldn't have been picked up. Forgive the novice over enthusiasm!

• 3 weeks later...

Archived