Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Save The Date

Grant

Friday 13th October - Friday 20th October

The main days being Friday 13th / Saturday 14th with people welcome to stay longer into the following week.

Further details and booking dates will be announced in the next few weeks but we wanted to announce the dates as soon as possible.

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Galloway is about a month after the SGL star party, towards the end of November I think? You guys are a bit more hardcore than the rest of us! 

Kielder is the week after and Kelling is end of September so for the really devout Star Party followers you can go to all four! :D

3 hours ago, AstroGnome said:

What about the spring event? Is that not now happening?

The main SGL star party is now in Autumn rather than the Spring. This lets us have almost exclusive use of the cafe space at Lucksall amongst other benefits.

17 minutes ago, Grant said:

Galloway is about a month after the SGL star party, towards the end of November I think? You guys are a bit more hardcore than the rest of us!

What do you mean hardcore????

Sorry, it is a Friday night, I am relaxing with a whiskey or two, or three or four...............

I am not trying to distract from the SGL parties, although in trying not to, I have, sorry. I have a reputation to maintain :-)

1 hour ago, AstroGnome said:

I think I'll just relaunch the Sixpenny Handley star party for spring instead of autumn. I was put off doing so when there was talk of two SGL's :smiley:

Good idea Mark, it's a really nice dark spot, I'll be there god willing :grin:

I'll find a picture to inspire folk

Dave

17 minutes exposure Canon 60Da Canon 24-105 at 24mm ISO1600 no LP filter, just a test of SW Star Adventurer taken at Sixpenny Handley

58baad46d395c_SW-SA-Canon-24-105--at-24-iso16001020secs60Da.png.bfe5cb75278787b04928b7bc1335abe5.png

Hi Grant,

Glad to see that the SGL Autumn event does not clash with the Scotland's Premier      Galloway Star Party    which is Wednesday 15th November till Monday 20th November 2017.

Of course, attendees can come earlier and leave later if they wish.  

This year I can attend both ............. great

Hope to see you there.

Cheers

Adrian

On 03/03/2017 at 23:19, Uplooker said:

What do you mean hardcore????

Sorry, it is a Friday night, I am relaxing with a whiskey or two, or three or four...............

I am not trying to distract from the SGL parties, although in trying not to, I have, sorry. I have a reputation to maintain :-)

What reputation ? Pie eating or a dram or  MANY !  :evil4:

Heavens above ;-)  Well you certainly don't want to live in the depths of the South East and want to attend Star Parties do you?  Even Kelling is nearly 3 hours away!!

Bother!

I can't make the 13th as our half-term starts on the 17 (Officially). I could make Saturday into the following week, but I wonder, a) how many will still be around? and b ) will it be worth it?

Archived