Is this website trustworthy?

Hello Stargazers

I was searching for a website to buy a telescope when i came across a website called www.sirius-optics.com.au and i wondered if it was trustworthy or not. Since this website is Australian, if I do order a telescope from it, it will come a lot sooner than by amazon which says it will take 1-2 months for it to arrive. It is also a few dollars cheaper than it would be if it came by amazon but I'm not sure about whether they charge for shipping or not. Can someone please help me.

Eucalyptus

Perhaps there's an astronomy club in Brisbane? You could find such and give them a call? Ask them if they have any reports on this company? Perhaps an end-user who purchased from them?

You're quite wise to be cautious. There are some shady outfits in that part of the world that advertise things like GIANT telescopes for very little money - right next to their cheap Lamborghini's and Stradavarius Violins.....I think you get the general idea. :eek:

Dave

Sirius Optics is a well known and respected supplier over here in Australia.

I'd be very (very!) surprised if you had any issue dealing with them.

(Any SGL member looking for astronomical information on Australia should make the local forum Iceinspace their first port of call:

http://www.iceinspace.com.au/home.html

Archived