Stargazers Lounge Uses Cookies

Like most websites, SGL uses cookies in order to deliver a secure, personalised service, to provide social media functions and to analyse our traffic. Continued use of SGL indicates your acceptance of our cookie policy.

I have a revelation (GSO) coma corrector that I use on my 130 pds with a Canon 1000d. I have noticed that I am still getting some coma. My question is, do I need a spacer between the corrector and the T ring. I can't find any definite information on this but I read somewhere you need 75mm between the rear element and the camera sensor

I think I used a 15mm or 20mm spacer when I used mine during the last Mercury transit.  The results looked pretty good, but there were no stars in the corners to judge it critically.

• Like 1

According to the specs you need 70 mm backfocus. The Canon has 44 mm and your T ring probably 11, so you will need 70 - (44+11) = 15 mm spacer to get it working correctly.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Anthony RS
      Hello,
      Is anyone here using the TS Photon 6" F4 newtonian? I'm about to purchase it but I have some doubts and questions:
      1- Does it hold collimation well, at least in a single session?
      2- Is it impossible to balance in DEC due to its small dovetail or is it possible but harder?
      3- Is the focuser rigid enough or does it introduce tilt?
      4- Will collimating it be a nightmare?
      5- I'm really picky when it comes to coma, should I expect some coma on edges even while using the Skywatcher Aplanatic F4 CC?
      6- All in all, do you advice me to buy it or have some other option in the same price range.
      Cheers!
      Anthony
    • By avodcap7
      I have a celesctron nexstar 8SE OTA, to which I attach my focal reducer (0.63x by celestron), the a T-Adapter-SC, a t-ring and then my dslr. Does the T-Adapter affect the performance or use of the focal reducer?

Emilis
    • By DJastrzebski
      Hey,
      For sale is Baader Rowe Coma Corrector (RCC I) in a perfect condition (used max. 2 times). £90 including delivery in EU. PP preferred. Thanks for looking!

• By Callistarus
      I'm sure this is just one of many hundreds of posts about correct spacings on here - I think I've just about got it but I need to confirm a couple of things with folks who have more experience than me on these matters.
      My scope is a Skywatcher Evostar 80ED-DS Pro - one which I'm sure anyone here is familiar with and needs little introduction. I'm using the accompanying field flattener/reducer, which requires 55mm of back focus.
      The off axis guider I plan to use is an OVL Off Axis Guider - it is thin enough that in combination with my camera I should have the required back focus provided the connecting T-adapter is thin enough.
      My camera is a Canon 550D (mod), which as far as I'm aware will occupy 46.5mm of back focus.
      My question is, what would be the best way to connect the Canon to the OAG? Puzzlingly it seems the OAG has a 42mm screw-ring on the camera side, which I don't have an adapter for. Do these exist? Are there any thin models available such that I meet my back focus requirement?
      If there are any other issues with what I'm suggesting please let me know. It's always easier to nail it first time than faff around with ordering adapters only to discover they're the wrong size.
      Cheers.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.