Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Hello Stargazers

Jayrbee

Hello All , I would like to thank you all for the information you have on the forum for newbie Stargazer like myself.

It was only by chance that I came across the site, and I must say it makes good reading.

As a retiree I have been looking for a new hobby to keep the brain cells ticking over, my Dad was a Navy man so from being a small child he taught me the star constellations, so I thought it would be good to pass this knowledge onto my Grandchildren.

Looking forward to all your hints and tips for getting the best out of this hobby.......Thank You Jacqui

Hi Jacqui and welcome to SGL, we are a very friendly bunch here and try to help new members as much as we can, we want others to enjoy the hobby as much we do. Just post your questions into the appropriate sections of the forum, to receive informative replies, enjoy the forum :)

Hi Jacqui and welcome to SGL - This is a great place to be, packed full of helpful and friendly folks..... If you have any questions then just shout and someone will be able to help :D 

Look forward to seeing you around :)

Hello to you, Jacqui, and welcome aboard SGL - it's great to have you join us!

Never fear you're bothering us with any & all questions - we love helping to find answers. It's why we're here.

Please enjoy these many forums & may starry skies be yours -

Dave

Hello and a warm welcome to the friendly members of this forum!

Enjoy starting your voyage to the starry skies together with your grandchildren; perhaps you'll plant a seed for a lifelong pleasure.

Three hints: start with bins (size/age/brand doesn't matter at the moment), and refresh your knowledge of the constellations

download stellarium and https://www.lightpollutionmap.info/#zoom=4&lat=5759860&lon=1619364&layers=B0TFFFFF

to find a dark sky area

Keep a diary to record not only your observations, but also your experiences during the learning process, so you can share them with

your grandchildren.

Take yourself time, and keep asking. There is a wealth of information for beginners available on this forum.

Clear skies to you all

Stephan

Welcome Jacqui,

1 hour ago, Nyctimene said:

Take yourself time, and keep asking. There is a wealth of information for beginners available on this forum.

This is so true, people are always so willing to help on here.

Have fun and clear skies.

Hello Jacqui and welcome to the community, just ask and you will find someone, or lot's

of folk, who will help you with your questions, hope you enjoy your time with us all.

Good Luck and Clear Sky's.  

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Archived