Stargazers Lounge Uses Cookies

Like most websites, SGL uses cookies in order to deliver a secure, personalised service, to provide social media functions and to analyse our traffic. Continued use of SGL indicates your acceptance of our cookie policy.

sgl_imaging_challenge_banner_android_vs_ios_winners.thumb.jpg.803608cf7eedd5cfb31eedc3e3f357e9.jpg

rdwarren67

ASI120MM with ES 8x50 for Autoguide

Good Evening. I just unboxed my first scope ever. I have a ASI120MM that I am attempting to mount on a Explore Scientific 8x50 scope to use with PHD2. I have no clue what adapter is needed to join the 1.25" OD tube with the eye piece which is also 1.25" OD. This doesn't even begin to address focus. The other VooDoo is not overwhelming. The challenge is not being in a place to touch the solution on the shelf. Any "Guidance" is much appreciated. Thank you.
Ron
Virginia City, NV

ES AR152 with Bresser EXOS2 EQ Mount
Nikon D5300 for AP
ASI120MM with ES8x50 Finder

Hello and welcome to SGL. The item you need is normally called a finder guider adapter. The adapter replaces the eyepiece and its holder at the rear of the finder and then the camera is attached to the adapter.  The specific adapter required will depend upon the camera (the ASI I believe has a t thread) and finder tube diameter.

• Like 1

Thanks Peter - I picked up an Orion Finder. Waiting for the crazy winds and clouds to reprieve.

The finder can also be focused by adjusting the lens cell end, not the end where you screw the adapter for the camera in.

• Like 1

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Pitiss
      I have recently bought a Orion Starshoot Autoguider. I downloaded phd 2, eqmod and ascom stuff. After a small research I found out my mount (exos 2 gt) doesn't support computer acces without firmware upgrade and fancy cables but I have the st4 port so it shouldn't be a problem. In phd I choose camera as Starshoot Autoguider and mount On-Camera. Aux mount and AO are both none. My wiring is one cable to pc from camera and another to st4 port from camera. When I started looping I selected the star with no problem. I choosed the one star alignment option from my hand controller and after centering the Archturus in the middle of view I pressed ok and it was successfull. I started guiding and after a while I get the error: RA calibration failed star didn't move enough.
    • By Eris
      Well, its been a long time coming but finally managed to get something captured and processed of this season.  I have captured a handful of nights in the past month but am struggling to get much out of them but I do need to spend more time on the raw data so there might be some more in there.  Despite the altitude, I'm fairly happy with this result considering the size of the scope compared to other observers in the forum. I think the colour is a little off so will look to correct at some point but wanted to get something up in the gallery for now.
      Clear skies and good luck imaging to you all, especially the UK based observers.
      Rob

• By Tyson M
      Good day fellow SGL members! 
      I went out for a brief imaging session to capture this tiny moon phase. A personal lowest illumination capture to date- a mere 15%!
      Best 20% of 6836 frames
      FC, AS!3, Fitswork, Gimp
      Anyways, cheers from Canada. Thanks for looking and clear skies!

• By Tyson M
      Good day fellow SGL members,
      I was out last night imaging the moon. This imaging run turned out fairly good, which in turn, sort of makes up for the fact I ruined a brand new refractor by accidentally dropping it on concrete and shattering the objective of my contrasty Vixen 81S.   Very disappointed as it was my favorite visual scope, but it was late and all I can do is learn from my mistake. 
      Anyways,

3 min vid with FC, AS!3, RS6, Gimp

• By cosmojaydee
      Hello all , due to moving house, it is with deep sadness that I need to sell my gear. Most  items I would prefer not to post and would be collection only , any smaller items that can be, postage will have to be covered by the buyer. If you are interested in any of the items please send a P.M and we can discuss it , So here goes 
      Skywatcher Esprit 80 ED pro triplet in alu flight case  this has not been used   £750.00  SOLD to Kaliska Field Flattener for the above scope , this has not been used                          £ 80.00    SOLD to Kaliska Skywatcher evostar 80ed ds pro + mask , used in G.C                                  £220.00 Sold .85 R/FF for the above scope , used                                                            £100.00 Sold Baader 2" click lock M56 for the evostar                                                       £35.00  SOLD to (Adeking) 9x50 finder , used                                                                                      £25.00 Sold AZ EQ6 GT GEQ & ALT -AZ  , used twice                                                     £900.00  SOLD to  jbro1985 QHY Polemaster, used twice                                                                      £170.00  SOLD to Kaliska  Baader Neodymium 2" filter                                                                       £ 30.00  SOLD  Stargazer McCabe Baader H-Alpha 7nm ccd filter                                                                    £ 100.00  SOLD to  Handy_Andy As far as I know all the literature will be included as from new and in all their original boxes , all the above are like brand new and have been loved and cared for .
      I would love for someone to buy job lot at a price of £3500.00 , which would include many items I have not listed , power supply , many adapters, leads ect ect  
      If you have any questions please feel free to ask 
      Thanks for looking  

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.